ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Taking calls from people in need of assistance.
· Get the appropriate agencies to the precise location needing assistance.
· Obtain critical information and dispensing the information to the Officers on the street.
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
· Works under the directions of the Chief of Police, Patrol Shift Supervisors and Administrative Assistant.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School diploma or GED required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
· Able to communicate verbally, displaying active listening skills as well as speech clarity.
· Ability to think critically with problem solving skills.
· Be dependable, reliable, and honest.
· Skills to work well under stress, staying calm in high stress situations.
· Ability to work independently or with others.
· Prompt and regular attendance.
· Neat, clean, and appropriate attire suited to the work related environment.
· Current and valid Louisiana drivers’ license.
Multi-channel radio equipment Viewing Monitors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for any of our available positions, please click the link above or stop by City Hall 520 Broadway Minden, LA 71055 to pick up a paper application for employment. Complete and return via directions listed at the top of the application. If you should have any questions regarding our job listings, please contact Human Resources at (318) 377-2144 ext. 462. City of Minden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.